May 2016 Krabi Trip (Part 1)


Hello! This post is not about planner! Hahaha... Yes it is not. It is about my last trip to Krabi, Thailand with my friends. I'm pretty sure lots of people shared about their trip to Krabi. It is so easy to find information about Krabi. Here I am share something in my own version.

Our itinerary is easy and not really pack, it was a 6 days 5 nights trip. As we all agree to arrange an itinerary that is relaxing and we all can enjoy one activity to the max. We all know how long period of working, lack of rest make us feel unhappy and depressed, yeah that is basically our one and only objective.

So Krabi Airport is just a small airport but neat, easy for us to know where to go without getting lost. We took cab from the airport to Aonang Beach, that is where our hotel located. It took about 45 minutes or 1 hour if heavy traffic, to reach Aonang Beach. Yes it is far, so please, don't ever book your hotel that is located in Krabi Town if your intention to Krabi is to enjoy the beach. Upon arriving, we all checked in into Haleeva Sunshine Hotel, this hotel is close to Aonang Mosque, where Muslim can easily find their Halal food. As for those who enjoy "partayyy" you'll need to stay at the hotel near the beach.

So this is our room. Pretty and nicely decorated room.
View from our room. Those who love nature will really love this room, I love the cricket voice echos when sunset.
The night we arrived there, we had dinner at the restaurant next to our hotel, as we really in rush to Krabi Town Night Market, which open only on Saturday & Sunday. If I'm not mistaken the restaurant called Bamboo Restaurant, it was a pretty obvious restaurant, so big and so eye catching. But food was not that good and it was expensive. I especially dislike the green curry they served. But we're so hungry, so we eat everything in a flash. And we head to Krabi Town with cab booked through our hotel receptionist.

What can i say about this Night Market, it's a busy market. So many street foods, but we're full so none of us bought any snacks. My friends bought gift for their family there, you can still negotiate the price if you buy in bulk. And that's how our 1st night gone by the Krabi town wind. LOL.

Next day is where the program really start. We booked the Phi-Phi Island Trip from a massage shop owner, they have a small booth outside their shop, it right next to our hotel. And we got the trip for a really cheap price too. Here's the tips, it is not necessarily for you to book the trip in advance through websites you found online. You really can book it the night before, but not too late, around 7/8 pm is still good. Make sure to negotiate, we got this trip for only 600 THB (not includes the 400 THB of national park fee). Super cheap. We took the trip with Aonang Photo Travel agency.

Now the program:

  1. Bamboo Island (you swim!)
  2. Maya Bay (you swim & take photo)
  3. Viking Cave (photography)
  4. Pileh Bay (photography)
  5. Phi-phi Don (Lunch)
  6. Monkey Bay & Loh Samah Bay (snorkeling)


This is where you gather before departing from the shore.
Vroooooommm~ Love the wind...
That's me warming up. Here is an important fact, I can't swim!! Haha!! 
We don't have so much photo for the first stop. As well yeah it's a starting program, plus it is just same as the other island, except the sand so pretty!! And it is crowded! Haha!!! Next stop is Maya Bay. It's swimming time and photography time.



Okay now don't let yourself fooled by the photo, these photo are facing towards the sea.

Hahaha!! This is the actual situation! So crowded. 
We tried!! LOL.

Maya bay is a very popular place as it made an appearance in Hollywood film. Guess what? Haha. It's The Beach (psst! I haven't watch the movie). This bay is surrounded by 3 super-cliffs. Why super it is so cliffy, lol I don't even know if that word existed.

Next stop Pileh Bay & Viking Cave. Oh! Before I forget, they let you play and swim for about 40 minutes on each stop. But for Pileh Bay & Viking Cave, it was just for sight-seeing. You in the boat, took the photo from the boat. As the place is still a crowded place, more than 6-8 boats around us.




I got a footage of Pileh Bay, but I do not want to upload it as it was poorly recorded. Haha! But it was beautiful, Pileh Bay is a lagoon with sparkling turquoise water. It was so pretty and I am so in love with it! Good Lord! Some said it was better to go there by long boat as u can swim & snorkel. We didn't get that in this package. But it's okay.

Next stop is Phi-phi don. We had our lunch there for about an hour. Food are nice, you can take as much as you like. They got WATERMELON too! Ugh... watermelon is so good during hot weather. Next stop is Loh Samah Bay, we're supposed to stop at Monkey bay too. But the guide told us if we go to both place we only get about 20 minutes of snorkeling. So we choose to go to one place and enjoy and relax more.

When we arrive Loh Samah, I was so scared as the water color is changing from turquoise to dark turquoise. I knew the water level is deeper. I knew it. I asked our tour guide, how deep the water level is, he told me it was 4 to 6 meter. I knew it!!! I just knew it! And I freak out. So the concern tour guide asked me if I need the swim ring. I was like okay, I will give a try. And here you can see my self with the swim ring. Hahahaha!




Eventhough I did not snorkeling, the small tiny fishes was visible. They are so cute. Overall I was happy with the tour. And that's how our day end. Why we don't select 4 island hopping? Simply because the program doesn't match our purpose. :)

I think this post is getting longer and longer. I'll stop for now. And will share the next three days activities. Till then! Bye guys!!!

2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, this looks amazing! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete